Email has evolved in the business world - promote your business effectively
- Who are you sending your emails to? Do you have their permission?*
- Quality content is king – write clear, concise messages with a balance of images.
- Make sure the mail merge is working and your lists are correct – people do not want to receive your email six times.
- Why are you emailing? Explain in six words what you want them to do.
- Is what you want them to do fun, worth doing, and generous?
- Are you sending a series? Let your recipient know when it ends, and what they can expect in the next email.
- If your email promotion is a taking - not a giving - time to rethink your message.
- Send your email during the middle of the week, and early in the day.
Start your 2014 email marketing on a positive note:
Download this handy email cheat sheet, and tune in next week for Part Two: Writing the Best Email Ever!
Written by Debbie
*Permission marketing is the privilege (not the right) of delivering anticipated, personal and relevant messages to people who actually want to get them.